Premium WordPress Plugin To Create Exams, Surveys and Quizzes
WatuPRO Features List:
- Create and edit unlimited number of quizzes, exams and surveys. If you want to run an exam, you have an option to assign points to each answer. If you prefer a funny quiz, no problem, use the grades as quiz results. Need to run a survey? Assign same grade to all answers but collect the user data! And if you wish, redirect the user to a given URL that depends on their performance.
- Single-choice, True/False, Multiple-choice, and flexible Open-end questions. You can create any kind of quiz or survey you can imagine. Even more question types are available in the Intelligence module.
- Copy quizzes and questions into new or existing quizzes. This way you can reuse your questions and mix them into different tests without the burden of re-creating them.
- Import questions from CSV files in simple and advanced formats, or from text files in Aiken format.
- Calculate grade based on % of correct answers instead of using points. Of course, this is optional selection. From version 5.1 you can also calculate the grades based on the % points achieved from maximum possible points on the quiz.
- Randomize questions. To avoid cheating you can have questions randomized every time the exam is loaded. The possible answers can also be randomized or be kept in the predefined order.
- Pull a number of random questions. This way you can have for example 100 questions in the exam but let each user take only 10 or so of them, randomly selected. Or you can pull 2 random questions from each question category.
- Question categories and subcategories. You may want to show your questions grouped by category.
- Question difficulty levels. Select which difficulty level to be active in a quiz. Limit user's access per difficuty level. Create difficulty levels unlock criteria so quiz takers can unlock new levels.
- Quiz categories and user groups. Organize your quizzes and users. You can also limit the access of different user groups user WordPress user roles to different quiz categories.
- Set timers. Optionally you can limit the time to take an exam. Learn how do they work.
- Printable HTML certificates. You can create personalized certificates that will be shown to the user who achieves certain grade. PDF certificates are available using the free PDF Bridge or with DocRaptor account.
- Continue from the last time. Logged in users can leave exam unfinished and return next day or later. Their answers will still be there so they can finish the exam. This feature is disabled for quizzes with time limit to avoid cheating.
- Rich text editor and media. Because WatuPRO works inside WordPress, you can use its rich text editor and media gallery to format the questions.
- Right answer explanation/feedback. Once the user takes the exam, optionally present them explanation about the right answer to some or all questions.
- Set conditional re-taking of exam - only when selected grade(s) are achieved.
- Snapshot and table view from user answers. You can see exactly how they answered each question and how many points they got.
- Export test results to CSV. Makes it easy to run reports from user's answers. Great for surveys.
- Send emails. You can have the exam results mailed to your users and to yourself.
- Search/filter/sort results. Find results of any exam limiting by email, points, grade, date, username or IP address.
- Students login. Exam takers can login to see their results and take any other available exams. The same information can also be published with shortcodes.
- Reorder questions when you want to define the specific order they will be shown to the user.
- Allow different user roles to manage the exams so you can have a member of your team take care for them without accessing the whole administration.
- Optional reCaptcha or text-based captcha validation when exam is submitted to prevent spam.
- Basic leaderboard shortcode to show the top performing users.
- Question hints. Help your user answer the questions by enabling hints and defining the number of hints the user can use per quiz or per question.
- Social sharing capabilities - you can generate Facebook and Twitter share buttons.
- Integrated with qTranslate-X to support multi-languaged sites. The integration is basic and might not cover all aspects of the plugin.
- Quiz design themes so you can change the way the quiz looks.
- Quickly create Likert scale surveys via this free addon
- Super easy installation. It's just a WordPress plugin so upload, activate and you are all set.
Extra Features in the Intelligence Module:
- Multi-user management lets you allow teachers manage their own exams and certificates, or view all of them (per-role setting).
- Create Personality quizzes where each answer is directly matched to the result. Here is a guide.
- Run exams in practice mode so users can train their skills without getting grades. These exams show the answers immediately after the question.
- Charge users to take a quiz or access a bundle of quizzes. Instant payment notifications with Paypal and Stripe are integrated. You can also add any other payment button code or manual payment instructions.
- Dependencies let you restrict access to a given test until the student has submitted other exam(s) achieving a given number of points.
- "Fill the gaps" questions. These questions are very popular in education, and not only. They let you present a text with gaps that should be filled by the end user. Check the Basic Exam demo to get a better idea about them - one of the questions there is "Fill the gaps" question. You can define multiple correct answers for each gap. You can also turn gaps into drop-down selectors.
- "Sort the values" question type. Displays nice drag & drop sortable element on the page. The values are presented in random order and the user has to match the original order.
- "Match / Matrix" questions. This question type generates a table and lets the user drag and drop answers to the cells in the right column so they match the values in the left column.
- Slider / Rating questions. Outputs a slider that lets the user choose numeric value. You can set possible from-to values and asign points to them.
- Manually edit submitted exam results. You can change points, mark questions as correct, and recalculate grades and certificates to already submitted tests.
- Set minimum interval of time that should elapse before user can re-submit a test.
- Reuse questions from another exam. Questions are reused on the fly. The idea is that you can, at the same time, use one set of questions on different exams with different settings.
- Advanced quiz settings let you fine-tune the behavior of correct/incorrect marks, the paginator colors, advanced question randomization, and more.
- Run time logic allows you to specify premature quiz end if the user does not reach required % correct answers at a given point of the quiz. There is also a "stop" logic which lets you prevent user to continue the quiz until they achieve given % correct answers. Use the second one with a "previous" button.
Extra Features in the Reporting Module:
- All time overview with a pie chart showing the number of tests attempted, certificates earned, skills practiced, and how they distribute by test category.
- Full history of all test attempts with time spent, problems solved and results.
- Skills/Categories report showing your users how they perform by test category and question category. The reports can be filtered by given percentage of proficiency and spreads up nicely by question category.
- Usage summary and log with a bar chart showing number of tests attempted for every of last 12 months.
- The reporting module is ultimate addition for all kind of learning, education, and training sites. It will keep your users eager to come back and improve their skills.
- Cumulative stats per question that show you how many users and what % of them selected each answer in each question. It also shows the number and percentage of correct answers to each question in the selected test.
- View all answers on every question and export the answers to a CSV spreadsheet.
- Pie chart by grade lets you have a quick look on how users perform on a given test. The chart can be published with a shortcode.
- Plenty of shortcodes to display category stats, totals etc.
- Check it live here with username sandbox and password 123456 (login for the first box: hb / 125). Go to Exam Reports link under My Exams in the menu.
Extra Features in the Play Plugin:
- Enhanced configurable leaderboards. The Play Plugin for Watu PRO lets you create all kinds of leaderboards - global, per quiz category, per question category, or just for a single quiz.
- More shortcodes. Shortcodes displaying user level, user badges, user points balance, reward items list.
- Assign user levels. Levels can be assigned to your users upon achieving a number of points, % correct answers, completing all tests from a category, etc. For example you can create levels like "Newbie", "Advanced user", "Wizard" etc to encourage the participation in your site.
- Let users earn badges for total points collected, number of quizzes completed, etc.
- Mozilla open badges support can be enabled optionally for each badge.
- Levels and badges get automatically assigned when the user achieves their requirements.
- Manage Reward Items list to even further encourage the users to take quizzes. Reward items can be tangible or virtual and can be redeemed for points that users earn when taking exams.
- Get notified when user gains new level, earnes a badge, or redeems a reward item so you can get in touch about delivery.
- History of redeemed rewards so you can track who redeemed what and which items have been delivered.
- Buy access to paid exams with points earned. Intelligence module also required.
- Display bar charts on the "Final screen" showing how other users performed on the same quiz.
- 1 Year Of FREE Upgrades
- 1 Year Of FREE Support
- Instant Delivery
- UNLIMITED Domains License For Domains You Own
- Lifetime License
- Mobile - Friendly User Interface
- Open Source Code
- Localization Ready
- 60 Days Refund Policy
- 13 Years Online History
In One Sentence:
- The core Watu PRO creates the quizzes and lets you see and manage the user results.
- The Intelligence module adds smartness by enabling more question types, more flexible controls, and time-saving features.
- The Reporting module adds charts and data mining features so you and your users can learn more from the submitted information.
- The Play Plug-in adds gamification to make it all more fun and increase user engagement.
"WatuPRO is working great on the site http://www.compulsionsolutions.com. I'm a site developer and the WatuPRO WordPress plugin is one of the best I've used. Although WatuPRO is easy to use, I had some initial questions and the support was fast and effective."
For more reviews check Who uses it.